Welcome to the Internet of Batteries
Because you always wanted to connect a battery to the Internet.
OUT OF STOCK - thanks for your support!
if you want one, figure out one of Aask's puzzles or bribe us
Please, one IoB per order unless prior arrangements have been made.
Our female header shipment is due on Mon, so all new orders will ship with 3x female headers.
- This is a badge...or is it an add-on?
- In badge mode, measures total current of add-ons and logs power consumption
- In add-on mode, measures its own current
- Is capable of back-powering a badge through the add-on header**
- RGB lights show useful information or fun light shows
- Touch sensors to activate battery gauge, light show, and backpower enabling modes
- Other indicator lights show power enable status and low battery*
- For 2020 we're in Safe Mode with Networking. The old WiFi mesh, Itero, has been upgraded to be more global... the IoB is IoT!
The female headers are to populate add-ons onto this badge. You can use standard 0.1" 2x2 or 2x3 female, or the provided keyed header(s). Mount these to the front.
The male header is to use this badge AS an addon. This is optional. Mount this to the rear.
HEADERS REQUIRE SOLDERING. The badge will work as-is, however in order to mount add-ons, you will need to populate the headers.
Please note that at this time, badges will ship with manufacturing test firmware. Until we get OTA working, to update to functional firmware, you will require a computer and micro USB cable (not included). Charging also requires a micro USB cable. For instructions, please see https://batteryinter.net.
There's no actual battery shown in the photos! We know. Honestly we just think the picture of the circuit looks cooler since you won't see it on yours. Power cells will be attached before shipment, and are 3.7V, 900mAh rated capacity. Compared to DC27 IoB, the overall badge thickness has been reduced, while actual cell capacity has increased.
- ESP32 WiFi Battery Processor
- PSoC5 LP analog / lightshow / comms controller
- INA199 current sense, capable of 750mA peak sense
- Very rushed hardware and firmware engineered by total hacks
- One (1) Internet of Batteries QUANTUM DEF CELL in a box
- One (1) lanyard
- One (1) IoB sticker sheet
- One (1) male header
- One (1) female header
- Maybe a surprise or two
* Low battery indicator / shutoff mode not yet implemented. Will require MCU FW update to enable.
** ALL RISKS OF BACKPOWERING ARE TAKEN BY YOU. NOT LIABLE FOR ANY FIRES, DAMAGE, INTERNET WORMS, BLACK HOLES, OR ANYTHING ELSE GOOD OR BAD AS A RESULT OF USING THIS FEATURE
Concept by Aask
Badge art and design by true, inspired by something obvious
Code by Aask, true, and Lightning
Internet of Batteries QUANTUM DEF CELL (2020)
- Brand: trueControl
- Product Code: aask-iob-dc28
- Stock Status / Qty: Out Of Stock